Wednesday, April 9, 2014

April 9

Hi, guys. This was a great rest day. I slept for 10 hours, got up and ate breakfast, then spent 1.5 hours online trying to get the shipping label to send my bike back home at the end of the trip. It finally worked, after which I rode my bike into town to a place called Diva's and had my hair cut. Boy, did that feel good. I spent the whole morning sightseeing. I started at a historic house called Horlock House, then went to city hall,where a very nice lady told me all about the city. Afterwards I went to the cemetery where the French explorer LaSalle (he explored the Mississippi River Valley for France) is buried, rode past several churches, and visited the library. It is a pleasant, quiet , little town. Then I went back and cleaned my bike and took a rest before we had "cocktail" hour. Sheila had invited the two Floridians and the Finn who are traveling across the country self-contained.We run into them every so often. We had a great time talking with them and hearing their stories, then a bunch of us went over to the steakhouse across the street for supper and the guys came with us. It was a very enjoyable day. Tomorrow we will be riding to Cleveland, Texas (75 miles) and I've heard there will be tailwinds. Oh, please, pretty please, yes, yes, yes!!___________________ War ein schoener Tag. Habe vieles in NAvasota entdeckt. Der Friedhof war sehr interessant und Navasota ist "die Blues Hauptstadt" der USA. Am kommenden Wochenende gibt es ein Bluesfest. Habe richtig Zeit gehabt, mich Heute auszuruhen. Morgen geht's wieder mit 75 Meilen los. Habe aber gehoert, dass wir Morgen Rueckenwind erwarten. Oh ja, Oh ja, Oh ja. Ich uploaden gleich einige Fotos von Navasota.

No comments:

Post a Comment