Friday, April 18, 2014

April 18, part 2

Holy crow!Some guy shot a gun off today to scare us away! Helen and I had stopped at the end of a driveway to take off our jackets.I leaned my bike against the mailbox and went across the street to the bushes. When I came back I bent down to put my jacket away and heard a gunshot. I looked up at the house and saw someone on the porch in a red shirt. I yelled that we were just taking off our jackets. Just then Cathy rode up, there was another gunshot, and we took off out of there. Whoa, Nellie! I wasn't going to stay and discuss my philosophy of life with this person! Other than that, it was a great ride today. It was chilly and overcast, which makes for good riding. The roads were quiet back roads and hilly with lots of farms and animals. Just enjoyable to ride through. At the end we picked up some headwinds and I eventually put on my rain jacket just to keep warm. When we got in, a bunch of us stopped for late lunch right over at the Mexican restaurant next to the Best Western Motel. I was glad to get into the room later and get in the shower because I was soaked in sweat. Now I've got a load in the wash machine and am just waiting for supper. Tomorrow is 69 miles and sunshine. Easter Sunday is only 41 miles. That will be a nice change._____________________Einer hat uns heute mit einem Schiessgewehr erschrecken wollen! Wir haben nur Halt am Ende seiner Ausfahrt gemacht, und er hat 2 Schuesse losgelassen, um uns wegzujagen. Sonst war die Fahrt wunderhuebsch, mit tolle Landschaften und Bauernhoefe. Sehr huegelige Landschaft und das Wetter war kuehl und trueb. Es was ideal zum Fahren. Jetzt mache ich eine Wasche und warte auf das Abendessen. Morgen 69 Meilen und 41 Meilen an Ostersonntag.

No comments:

Post a Comment