Monday, April 21, 2014

April 21, part 2

Ok, guys. sandy, helen and I started our day with breakfast at the chevron station. (On our off days we get our own food.) remember, guys. this is the tourist off season and not everything is open yet. the lady cooked our eggs to order and we sat outside on the picnic bench and ate. then I made a trip to the post office while they explored. I didn't take too long. mailed a package, postcards and got stamps. then we headed down to ft. gaines, the site of an important civil war battle. some of the soldiers were as young as 12!! after ft. gaines, we went to the estuarium, a great display of alabama's fragile ecosystem. and all this with natural gass drillng rigs from exxon mobil right off shore. scary thought. afterthe estuarium, we went and got a pulled pork barbeque sandwich. helen came back to the condo and I hike through the sanctuary. it was so nice, with wooden walkways like tinker park and turning point park.when I was finished,I rode down past the condo to the wesd end of the island where they have hundreds of houses,I think mostly vacation houses on stilts, all packed together. no trees, only sand some tufts of grass and thehouses. I thought it looked butt-ugly. if my picture turned out, I will post it in a minute. when I got back, I chilled by the pool, literally. I was reading. dozed off and started getting chilled. then I smelled people grilling something and it made my stomach turn. to avoid another day of illness, I came in and went right to bed. everyone else ate grilled shrimp and chicken for supper. I could only manage white bread and camomille tea.but I'm ok with that because I'm feeling better. could be I didn't drink enough water today. tomorrow we take the ferry off the island to florida. glad I don't have to walk over the bridge again.___________________habe viel hetue gesehem. das beste war das estuarium, ein musem ueber alabamas ecosystem. und daneben I'm wasser stehen gasplatformen von exxon mobil!wie witzig. fuehlte mich heute abend ein bisschen elend. kann sein, dass ich tagesueber nicht genug getunken habe. jetzt gehtks mir bess. morgen fahren wir mit der faehre nach florida.

No comments:

Post a Comment