Friday, April 4, 2014

April 2-4

Hi Guys. I'm feeling better again and was able to get a computer in the Visitor's Center here in Fredericksburg, so I want to fill you on on everything. First of all, I forgot to mention that Sheila found a scorpion on her backpack a few days ago.Now we're all careful when we put on our shoes in the morning. So, let we start with Tuesday. When I woke up I still felt exhausted although I had slept very well. I ate breakfast and started to ride. It was actually a foggy, drizzly day in the Texas hill country, but it was a really beautiful ride. Stopped for a cup of tea with Lynn and had a stomachache then. I made it almost 27 miles and knew I couldn't go any farther. Luckily Nancy in the SAG came looking for me. She drove me to Camp Wood where I collapsed in bed. At about 3 we drove to Urgent Care. It was a bad case of food poisoning. I couldn't move for the rest of the day. Got up the next morning, feeling better but still weak. I knew I couldn't ride my bike so I rode in the van the entire way. When I wasn't lying down, I looked out the window and saw what a beautiful ride I was missing but I wouldn't have been able to enjoy it anyway. Got to Fredericksburg and just ate a lot of bland stuff the rest of the day. Helen and I walked to the pie shop where she had pie and I stuck with vanilla ice cream.After supper, there was a horrific thunderstorm. I'm glad it wasn't while we were riding! So, today is our day of rest. My bike's at the bike shop just for a general overhaul. It shakes so much when we ride over rough services, I want to make sure it won't break down over the next 4 weeks. After breakfast this morning, I went back to bed!!! But I woke up in time to go back to the pie store with a bunch of people. This time I ate the German chocolate pie and it was good. Helen and I then went to the Vereins Kirche (Community Church) and started sightseeing. This town was settled by German immigrants in the early 1800s and there is still a lot of German influence. I even ran into a couple who were visiting from Stuttgart, Germany and had a nice conversation with them. Then we ran into Connie and visited the Pioneer Museum. Very interesting. After that we had a bowl of soup in the Biergarten and after that I wanted to use the computer in the library, but they close at 2 on Fridays!!! So I'm at the Visitor's Center now.. The weather has cooled off considerably. I hope it's like this tomorrow when we ride. This is really a lovely little town with lots of things to see. Admiral Chester Nimitz was born here and there is a museum dedicated to him. Connie and I want to go to the Ratskeller tonight to eat German food. Then I hope I will be recovered enough to ride the whole day tomorrow. -----------War wirklich krank Dienstag und Mittwoch. Bin sogar zum Notdienst gefahren. Essensvergiftung. Bin mit dem Wagen Gestern gefahren. war total schwach. Habe 2 Tage lang nichts scharfes gegessen. Heute geht's mir wesentlich besser, bin aber noch schwach. Morgen fange ich an zu radeln. Mal sehen, ob ich den ganzen Weg schaffen. Fredericksburg ist von Deutschen gegruendet worden. Da ist immer noch so viel deutscher Einfluss hier. Heute Aben gehe ich Schnitzel im Ratskeller essen!

No comments:

Post a Comment