Friday, April 25, 2014

April 25, part 1

Forgot to tell you something about yesterday! I sneezed all the way down hight 90. The pollen that I got rid of in Texas is now appearing in Florida. I took a pill this morning and had a much better day. The other interesting thing was, when Sheila and I stopped for lunch yesterday, there was a guy in the restaurant who had a Surley bike just like Sheila's. He had it loaded and he was travelling self-contained by himself from St. Augustine to Seattle, Washington. Wow, long trip! Today stayed overcast the whole day, thank goodness, because the temperature was already in the mid-70s by 10:30 a.m. It was muggy and we had a few rain drops. For the most part we were out on old back country roads again. One dog sat in his driveway and watched me go by. I was happy that he wasn't interested in me. Then all of a sudden I hear panting and toenails clicking on pavement again! I took off and was able to outrun him. I wish he would have at least barked to let me know he was coming!! Rode down into the old historic district of Quincy before I went out to the motel. A bunch of us found a little cafe for lunch, then Connie and I started exploring some of the old, stately homes. In one they were preparing a banquet, so I asked the caterer if we could go inside and check it out. She said yes and we did. Some beautiful, well-preserved archtecture in town. Then rode the busy street 2.5 miles to the motel. Got to my room, put on my bathing suit and hopped into the pool for a few minutes before a shower and supper. IT was a nice, relaxing day. Tomorrow is also a short day, so most of us are going to stop along the way at Wakulla State Park. I plan on taking a boat ride and hopefully seeing some alligators._________________Es was heute, Gott sei Dank bewoelkt, sonst waere die Hitze und die Luftfeuchtigkeit nicht auszuhalten. Bin in die Altstadt von Quincy bevor ich ins Motel fuhr. Viele schoene, alte Haeuser anzushauen. In einem haben die gerade ein Festessen vorbereitet. Ich fragte ob wir reinduerften, die haben ja gesagt, und Connie und ich haben alles innendrin angeschaut (und sind aufs Klo gegangen). Nachher im Motel, bin ich schwimmengegangen, dannach duschen und dann essen. Morgen halten wir unterwegs in einem Park an. Dort will ich eine Bootsfahrt machen und hoffentlich Alligatoren sehen.

No comments:

Post a Comment