Thursday, April 17, 2014

April 17, part 2

I'm glad nobody can take a picture of me while I'm cycling. Drool is running down my chin, snot's dripping from my nose and tears are rolling down my cheeks. And I'm sweating. Every pore of my body is leaking fluid. Not a pretty picture, I'm sure. Today was overcast the whole day. It was cool and comfortable. Some of the faster riders even got caught in some rain showers. I stayed dry. There were some narrow roads with heavy traffic again and we passed a safari park-type animal sanctuary. Added to the trucks, the narrow roads and the dogs, we got bugs flying up under our helmets and glasses today when we stopped for breaks. Much of the day was way out in the country past beautiful cattle and horse farms. Since we didn't start until 9 a.m., we didn't have to hurry to get in. The first thing some of did when we got in was to go over the seafood place across the street. I had some fried shrimp and gumbo. After getting cleaned up, Sandy gave us a line dancing class. We had lots of fun and lots of laughs. Then before supper we celebrated Joyce's birthday. We all sat around in a circle and just had a good time being goofy. For dessert there was cheesecake in her honor. Sunnye and I sang every old corny song we could think of. It was a nice way to end the day and our stay in Louisiana. Tomorrow we will be in Wiggins, Mississippi.____________Regen hat gedroht heute, aber ich blieb trocken. Waren wieder einige enge Strassen und viele LKWs, aber war auch viel wunderschoene Landschaft mit viele Pferde und Kuehe. Habe das locale Essen probiert und es hat gut geschmeckt. Heute vor dem Essen haben wir Linientanzen von Sandy gelernt und dann haben wir Joyces Geburtstag gefeiert. Wir haben viel gelacht und gegrinnst. Hat heute Spass gemacht.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Karen,
    How are you? This is Pearlyn ( worked at RHSACCP).
    I'm so excited and am following your blog.
    Please let me know your FL schedule. I live close to Tampa, FL.
    Be safe and have fun :-)

    ReplyDelete