Wednesday, April 23, 2014

April 23, part 2

So, I forgot to mention yesterday that I don't like fried green tomatoes or key lime pie. Also forgot to tell you that, after crossing our last bridge yesterday, their was a great bike lane along the 182, all the way into Pensacola, and then out again on the 90. Going out of Pensacola was nice, but once we hit the 90 (even though there was a bike lane), there was a lot of traffic. There were also several construction sites. YIKES. And then, wonder of wonders, we got on the Blackwater Bike Trail for about 6 miles. Lovely. It was comparable to the Erie Canal between Brighton and Fairport, or the Schinderhannes Radweg between Simmern and Kastellaun. There were so many cardinals and other birds along the way. And I saw my first live snake (in the wild) on the trip! I saved it from certain death by roller-blade when I stopped a skater from rolling over him. (So there, Kathy and Joan!)After the bike path we got back onto country roads and, SURPRISE,SURPRISE, the Florida Panhandle can be hilly! Also surprising is the intensity of the red color of the sand. I've never seen anything like it. After the country roads, we had to get back on the 90 into Crestview. It wasn't quite as busy, but I still preferred the country roads. Going through Crestview, I noticed again how many places have gone out of business. The 90 got very busy again so I rode the sidewalk down to the motel. And it kept getting hotter, and hotter, and hotter. I was drinking a lot of water and thankful every time the sun went behind the clouds. After I got in, I just spent the rest of the time lounging at the pool until supper.At supper we celebrated Rona's birthday. So now it's blog time and then bed because tomorrow we are supposed to ride 93 miles.______________Florida ist wirklich heiss. Habe einiges gefunden, was mir nicht sondlich schmeckt, aber sonst habe ich immer einen guten Appetit. Heute ging die Fahrt teils auf viel befahrenen Strassen und teils auf einen schoenen Radweg und auf Landstrassen. Sobald ich ins Motel ankam, machte ich mich auf dem Weg zum Schwimmbad. Beim Abendessen haben wir einen Geburtstag gefeiert und jetzt gehe ich gleich schlaffen, da wir Morgen 93 Melen fahren sollen. Wenn es mir zu heiss ist, fahre ich den ganzen Weg nicht.

No comments:

Post a Comment