Friday, April 11, 2014

April 11, part 2

Ok, guys. this will be a lower case post again. guess who is also staying at our motel I silsbee? the 3 self-contained guys and thane is with them now. we will probably see them again at dauphine island. so this was how the day went. after ridign through a construction site to get out of town, the road was actually flat for more than 10 miles. there were no shoulders, but truck traffic was light. later the road widened and the surface got worse and thetruck traffic picked up slightly. but the dogs have been bad the last few days. I have a whistle tied to the strapof my helmet that I blow at them, then I just try to outrun them. there are some nasty ones out there. sheila has bought dog biscuits to throw at them. I ddon't know how that's going to work!since i've had my hair cut,now I have to remember to put sunscreen on my ears again. although it was overcast today, when the sun shines through, it'shot! I've also noticed that the ditches next to the roads are full of water. they've obviuosly had more rain than~est texas. and this is an area that hurricane rita hit a few years ago. some of us took a detour to eat a mama jack's today. it was grreat cajun food. I had a crwafish etouffee which was wonderful. there were hushpuppies and bana pudding. but what's so neat is that everyone asks us what we're doing and has all sorts of questions about the trip. and they are so happy to tell us a little about about themselves andthe area they live in. and most stores and restaurants ask us to sigh their guestbooks. it has been so nice enriching to meet such wonderful people.___________________war ein schoener, schneller tag und das LKW verkehr war nicht so schlimm wie erwartet. aber die huende werden immer aggressiver. wir habe gutes cajun essen zum mittag gehabt. klar, dass wir naeher am gulf of mexico kommen. viel mehr luftfeuchtigkeit.

No comments:

Post a Comment