Wednesday, April 16, 2014

April 16

Whoa, it was a cold start to the day. It was 36 degrees when we started out this morning. The first 30 miles were hilly, but spectacularly beautiful. But then we hit a 4-lane highway which narrow to two, without shoulders, but with lots of trucks. It was nerve-wracking. When we got onto the quiet roads we were chased by dogs. With one of them, all I heard was toenails scraping on macadam before I realized he was at my left heel. I was able to outrun them all and blew my whistle or screamed at most of them. Tomorrow is a short day - 55 miles. So we won't start until 9 a.m.____________War ein kalter Tag und lang, aber nicht so anstrengend. Die erste 30 Meilen waren sehr schoen. Dan aber enge Strassen und viele LKWs oder ruhige Strassen und viele Hunde. Beides habe ich ueberlebt. Morgen ist ein kurzer Tag mit 55 Meilen. Der letzter Tag in Louisiana.

No comments:

Post a Comment