Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Apr. I

Same library, next chapter. Today was April Fool's Day. One or the other of us fell for a joke or two. It was a pretty straight-forward day. Out of Bracketville for 50 miles over chip and seal with nothing in between Bracketville (Ft. Clark) and Camp Wood. The others were way ahead of me and stopped at the restaurant across form the motel for lunch. I stopped just out of town at the meat market for a hamburger and talked with some of the residents. Camp Wood is a nice little town with a well-stocked library, which I am using now. One of the greatest things the USA ever did was to make public libraries and public schools available to everyone. Not really much to tell about today except that it was slow-going over the chip and seal and I took my time and took lots of pictures I ran into Thane, a self-contained rider a couple of times. He had been a Bubba's ice cream social, too and I first met him there. Just wanted to make sure the blog was up-to-date. I wanted to call some of you today, but can get absolutely no Verizon service here.Am going to head back to the motel and clean my bike and hit the shower.___________War nur ein langer Tag ueber die Kieselsteine. Ich habe mir Zeit genommen und viel fotografiert. Da ich hinterher war, habe ich direkt vorm Ort Camp Wood gegessen und mit den Bewohnern der Ortschaft ein bisschen geplaudert. Ich sitze momentan in der oeffentlichen Bibliothek und schreibe auf einem richtigen Computer. Ich bin richtig verwoehnt! Texas ist viel zu lang!! Die Landschaft ist gruener geworden, aber immer noch Meilen weit ohne Leute oder Autos zu sehen.

No comments:

Post a Comment