Tuesday, April 15, 2014

April 15, part 2

This was a great day.after the storm last night the temps dropped considerably. I was wearing 3 shirts under my rain jacket. it was still cloudy when I left my place at 8:15. I stopped at the old jewish cemetery on the way to pick up helen. by the time I got to her place the sun was shining. we went to birdman for a cup of tea and coffee before we explored. stopped fiirst at the historical society museum and got the lady to unlock the jewish temple for us so we could go inside. very simple and well-restored. went to the episcopal church and graveyard, a store called grandmother's buttons, the mississippi river. the catholic church and then rode out to a private botanical garden.cMEBACK AND HAD LUNCH AT THE MAGNOLIA CAFE, as did many of the others, beforre we rode out to rosedown plantation and took the tour. move down theroad to the myrtles where we also took the tour. rosedown has many of the original furnishings and is very well-preserved. after the myrtles, we rode down to butler greenwood where I am staying so helen could see it. then we took a quick trip down the road to sonny's pizza where we had a great lasagna dinner. then back home to pack, write postcards and get ready for tomorrow. tomorrow should be 89 miles. I did about 24 today just sightseeing. I'll see how the wind is tomorrow. ____________war eintoller tag obwohl es sehr kalt war. habe vieles gesehen inklusiv 2 plantations und gut gegessen. morgen sollen wir 89 meilen fahren. haengt vom wind ab.

1 comment:

  1. Sure sounds like you had a great day!!! We woke up to 20 degrees. Tomorrow it should be 50. It's been uneventful at work this week, that's a good thing. I hope your going to church on Sunday!!! Happy Easter, I hope that chocolate Easter Bunny finds you. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete