Wednesday, March 12, 2014

what a day!I'm certainly doing better in AZ than I did yesterday in CA. I put sunscreen on every inch of my non-clothed body, including my ears. I put lip gloss with spf 30 in my lips and powerade zero drops in my drinking water to replace the electrolytes I sweatout. MUCH BETTER! Picture this ,guys. when we left blythe, CA we had to ride 19 miles on I-10 on the wide should, ascending almost the entire way. Iit was actually pretty cool except for the blown tire pieces on the shoulders. we've had so many flats because of them. the uphill was gradual, we had a tailwind, and I was really smokin' today. when the big trucks went by, their draft pulled we about 20 ft. after we got off the I-10, we stopped at sweet darlene's for pecan cinnamin buns. to die for. it was there that one of our riders realized she had lost hermoney,ID,credit cards out of the pocket of her jersey. that was hard!after sweet darlene's we got backon the I-10 for another 11. when we got off, we raninto 4 college boys who were cycling phoenix to sandiego. had a great chat an some photo ops. then straight on to brenda, where we stopped for an ice cream. this part of AZ is covered withRV communities. nothing for miles, then a settlement of RVs and a store. but I like the vegetation much better in AZ. ANYWAY, straight on from brenda for another 15 to Salome. consists of our motel, a po, some stores and don's cactus bar, where we spent the afternoon laughng about all our misaventures. the cook made tacos for supper, we talked about map for tomorrow, and that was our day. it get's dark here so early and it's very chilly in the mornings and evenings. I called ahead to the bike sshop in phoenix to make an appt to have my pedal looked at. also called my friend judy, who will have supper with us in phoenix. goog, that we aaaall did our laundry on our day off in blythe. we all have clean clothes again._____________________wir sind sind heute auf dem autobahn 56 km gefahren. war garr nicht so schlimm. es gab einen breiten schulter. lies sich gut fharen, ausser dem muell aud der spur. viele renter verbringen ihre winters heire in caravanen. unser motel is sehr alt und klein. dafuer ist da bar gegenueber um so lustiger. wir haben denn ganzen mittag da gelacht. mir ging es heute sehr gut, trotz der hitze. ich benutze viel mehrsonnencreme und tue electrolyten in meine trinkflasche. heute habe ich wirklich ein tempo druf gehabt.

No comments:

Post a Comment