Friday, March 14, 2014

march 14

Bad internet connection so can't upload pics but hopefully can do it tomorrow.another great day. 48 miles uphill and into the wind, but I'm definitely getting stronger. at about 40 miles helen had a flat,which I helped her change. went another 10 and stopped at heart and soul restaurant in dove valley to eat. a lot of the group stopped there. helen treated me since I did the tire. we checked it again and it was flat again. so we called the SAG (support and gear) wagon and carolyn came and picked her up. call and I rode the rest of the way in it was either downhill or flat. it was a sweet 16 miles. called went immediately to the motel. I rode on to the bike shop I had called on wednesday about my pedal. about 10 other women went there too. they had coffee and donuts waiting for us and gave everyone a 10% discount. I highly recommend Exhale Bike Shop on Bell Canyon Road in phoenix. the guy found that a small cap was 1/4 inch turned. he got that straightened and put on 2 narrower tires for me. I want more speed! Judy, Gerry and Marcia's sister came over to eat supper with us. we a had great time and it was good to see her. tomorrow Iwill be seeing barb and mike from our german days. will be great to see them.am doing a laundry tonight. ccan't believe how much grime sticks to sunscreen.____________war heute ein grossartiger tag. helen und ich haben ihre platte gewechselt. dann fuhren wir noc 10 meilen zum essen und die reife war wieder flach. wir haben gut gegessen dann ist sie abgeholt worden. eine freundin von Arizona kam mitzum Abendessen. morgen treffe ich mich mit 2 anderen freunden. war heute 65 meilen. ich fuehle mich immer staerker. I'm fahrrad geschaeft haben di donuts and kaffee fuer die gruppe. war nur ein kleines reparatur am rad und 2 neue reifen. morgen werde ich fliegen!

1 comment:

  1. good move changing tires - the big tires are easy on short rides but once you are pushing multi day rides the narrow tires are much better. I found that out the same way you did. Nothing like experience
    Leroy

    ReplyDelete