Friday, March 7, 2014

March 7

OK Guys. ask me how my day went. Joan and Kath, do you remember the hill at Cayuga Lake? multiply that times 3. That's how my day went. But first things first. WE had a nice banquet of salmon and chicken last night and got to know each other a little better. Then up at 6 for breakfast at 7 standing around the SAG wagon. We left promptly at 8for dog beach where wwe dipped our tires Iin the Pacific. that was 3 miles. Then off to ALpine. we ride an 8 lane highway out of town. it had a bike lane but the feeders and exits were to the right. we had a couple of close calls. I called it Deathwish Ave. not for the faint-hearted. out of town we started to climb and didn't stop until we got toAlpine. I ADMIT I HAD TO PUSH SOME. Passed a poultry farm where they had ostriches and emus. we are at the Ayres Lodge. very nice. when we got in(I was one of the last!) I hoped in the pool. after a warm shower. som of us gatheredto yak until supper. Sarah cooks Iin the kitchen at the back of the trailer and we all eat outside.THen we got instructions for tomorrow. 49 miles of hills. Take me now, Lord. it will be a killer day. I see that working out in. the gym was not enough prep. but I will get better. tomorrow breakfastin the motel. THEN we're on our way. everybody did a good job today.______________.OYE. hEUTE, DER ERSTE fAhRTAG WAR SCHWER. mORGEN KOMMT's nur noch dicker. wir sind etwa 900 m hochgeklettert. ich gebe zu, dass ich teileise geschoben habe.morgen wird noch schlimmer aber ich wird bestimmt mit der zeit besser. die uebernachtung ist prima und unsere kuechin hat gut gekocht. bin mude und ge jetzt schlafen. druckt mir die daumen fuer morgen.

1 comment: