Sunday, March 30, 2014

March 30

Are you ready for this, guys? tina, ellen, twila, jeannie and rona all made the entire 110 miles today in the headwind. it took them 10 hours but the made it. amazing. I was content with my 38.8. the first 20 weren't bad, even though there was a lot of uphill. but then the winds came.I wanted to tap out ( put my hand on my headto let the sag wagon know that I need help) but the sag was already full of others who had tapped out so I had to wait until she could come and get me. that meant I kept riding and finally she got me at 38.8.forgot to mention that the motel ownerIin sanderson was so impressed with women riding bikes that he took a group photo of us before we left. anyhow. we all plodded along all day, as did the members of bubba's group. we kept passing each other all the time. we all met up at langtry, where judge roy bean used to preside. bubba's group was only going as far as comstock (75 mi) because they camp or sleep in schools and don't have to find motels big enough for the group. Both groups are in the same town tomorrow and bubba has invited us to an ice cream social. a lot of their group sagged today, too. after we waited to see that our riders were ok, we drove on to the motel. we had a barbecue tonight and I was able to buy the sunday newspaper and wash clothes. what luxuries! tomorrow only 43 miles and an ice cream social in bracketville. what more could anyone ask for. almost halfway there. I've done 1126.5 miles.____________wieder starker wind. ich fuhr 38.8 meilen.5 von uns habe die komplette 110 meilen gemacht. sagenhaft.

2 comments:

  1. You are unbelievable!! We are so proud of you. I read your blog every morning to Kos and we are amazed at what you are doing and expiriencing. Keep it up!!! I miss you DEARLY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've ridden may 100 mile days with head wind - it's no fun - I would rather climb a mountain that push wind. hope you get tail wind soon
    Leroy

    ReplyDelete