Monday, March 10, 2014

March 10

I don't know why, but my pictures are not uploading today. I'll try again later. disappointing day. I have sunburn blisters on my lower lip. that's how hot the sun is. we left Brawley CA for Blythe CA at 7 a.m. becuase we were supposed to cover 90 miles. by 11 a.m. when we stopped at our lunch wagen, it was already high in the 80s. the road just goes on and on endlessly. thank goodness there was no headwind. there was no wind at all, which was good, because otherwise we would have been sandblasted from the dunes. absolutely no shade anywhere. after 36 miles I hitched a ride from the wagen because I couldn't take the heat. got into the hotel, washed my diry clothes and went swimming. by that time the people who made it started rolling in. at 6 we all went down to sizzler steakhouse for a relaxing meal and had a really relaxing time. tomorrow is our day off. we will do a bike cleaning clinic and I have something going on in my left crank that I will have to have looked at soon. then some of us want to have some good MEXICAN FOOD FOR SUPPER after a quiet day at the pool. The day after tomorrow we finally leave CA annd hit AZ. But I want to find something for my sunburned lip tomorrow. to Salome it should only be about 50. that I can usually make.still can't upload pictures becuase I've lost connection to server. we are really in the middle of nowhere.

1 comment:

  1. You've got temps in the 80's were gonna have 15 or more inches of snow tomorrow. Maybe look for neosporin for lips. Make sure they don't get infected. You keep going girl, I've been telling the kids all about your journey. Thinking of you often, can't wait to hear more!!!! Enjoy your day off.

    ReplyDelete