Wednesday, March 5, 2014

March 5, PArt 2

So to continue. Poor Keith. He's the receptionist here at the hotel. When I asked him directions to the zoo he replied, "But you have to go up a big hill." I looked at him. "Keith", I said in dismay. "Keith. Look at me. I'm going to ride my bike across the USA and over the Rockie Mountains. Do you think I care about a hill in San Diego?" Fortunately, Keith had a sense of humor. When we went to eat at Anthony's Fish Grotto tonight, we took a taxi and he had driven two of our compatriots this morning. He was asking all sorts of questions about the trip. He was a really nice guy. Helen and I rode 32 miles today around Mission Bay, to the Old Town, where we ate lunch at Cafe Coyote (Remember that, Beth?), and then through Balboa PArk. We didn't really have time to take in the zoo. We basically wanted to get our bike legs back. When when started out for the hotel, I read the map incorrectly (Yes. I read the map wrong!) and we went several miles out of our way. We're tired, but I can't go to sleep at 8 p.m. Wrote postcards and will now read the paper and stay up as long as I can. Tomorrow we meet everyone. It will be exciting. Enjoy, the snow, guys!-------------Bin Heute durch San Diego etwa 50 km geritten. Wir (Helen und ich) haben veil gesehen und gut gegessen. Morgen trifft sich die ganze Gruppe. Kann kaum warten!

No comments:

Post a Comment