Sunday, March 16, 2014

March 16

Oh Joy! I'm typing this on a real computer tonight, so things will be capitalized and spelled correctly, but still no pictures. I noticed yesterday evening when I was riding the last 8 miles that I was getting a really bumpy ride. When I checked my back tire this morning, it was extremely low on air. So I pumped it up and got going. It held for the day. Today was to be 48 miles, but with two nasty uphills, one on a road for no shoulders. I weighed my options. I could take all day riding the 48, come into the hotel late and be totally exhausted. Or I could bump a ride with the van after 24 and then have time to ride around the mining town of Globe and visit an archaelogical dig of an old Native-American pueblo. I chose the latter, as did one other woman. The other ladies all did great and were proud that they made it up the hill, but that wasn't the kind of ride I wanted to do. As it was, we climbed 4 miles through the Queen Valley and it was beautiful. I didn't have to push. I just got off every once in awhile and rested. We stopped at the Buckboard City Restaurant in Superior. I had a cinnamon roll with melted butter to die for! That's where Helen and I got into the van. By the time we got to the hotel in the van, the first riders were already coming in. We have some fast people in our group. We've been so lucky with the weather. The top temperature today was only about 79. It should be about the same tomorrow. It will be a 78 mile day with a mixture of small hills and flats. I'm certainly going to try it. We all went out to eat tonight. Some went to a Mexican reataurant (me included) and the others went to Papa John's. I think I'm finally getting a little weary of Mexican food. It's only 8:10, but I'm tired already, even though I didn't do the entire ride.____________ Heute haette 48 Meilen sein soll, aber mit 2 enormen Steigungen. Helen und ich haben uns entschlossen, nur die eine STeigung zu fahren, dann mit dem Minivan ins Ziel fahren. Deswegen haben wir den Nachmittag gehabt, eine archaelogische Ausgrubung einer Indianer Siedlung zu besuchen. Fuer mich ist das eher der Sinn der Sache. Die anderen waren alle mit Recht Stolz, dass sie die schweren Bergen geschaft haben. Dann gingen wir all ins restaurant essen. Ich habe langsam genug von mexikanischem Essen. Heute frueh war mein Hinterrad fast platt! Ich musste sie aufpumpen, bevor ich fahren konnte. Morgen geht es 78 Meilen bis Safford. Einige Steigungen, natuerlich, aber ich versuche es den ganzen Weg zu fahren. Bin jetzt muede und gehe schlafen.

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your daily events and can't wait to see your pictures and YOU!!! You are such an inspiration lady! You rock! Twinkie

    ReplyDelete