Sunday, July 8, 2018

The weekend

Saturday I hung around the house and got stuff done before going out with Michelle, Joots and Pammy. That was a comedy o& errors. Wrong time, restaurant we wanted was closed, wrong address for the next restaurant. But finally we all found each other and it was great because Marci and MarMar came too. I have seen MarMar for about 10 years now. She is on courageous woman with a wicked sense of humor. We ate at the Puerto Rican restaurant on E. Main until it closed, then stood in the parking lot and talked for another hour. What a great time. Today I got up early and did laundry and then went to Zaynab’s For the afternoon. She graduated from MCC in June. Good for her. This is another courageous woman who works hard and really fights for her family. And it’s so cool to talk with her husband Khalid. He drives a semi all over the country and has some great stories to tell. And ZAYNAB cooks so well and alsways sends me home with the greatest Iraqi food. I love her rice and the dolma. This evening MARY Ellen and I are headed to Highland Bowl to meet Susan and Scott for Shakespeare in the Park. It will be a nice way to end the weekend. Tomorrow evening I have to call for jury duty again and a bunch of us are going to see BOOK CLUB with Jane Fonda and Dianne Keaton. And tomorrow I’ll have to get another bike ride in.

No comments:

Post a Comment