Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

It turns out my young friend Jaffar had a soccer game right out here in Churchville Monday night. I was going to ride my bike over but since it was raining, I didn’t. There were a lot of kids there that I knew and they play the game in the pouring rain. We didn’t even bother to sit down in the chairs because the seats filled up with water. The guys loved it, especially because they won 10-4. Tuesday morning I took Carl to his doctor’s appointment. He’ll be out of work for the rest of the week, but he’s definitely doing better. After studying and reading in the afternoon, I finally forced myself to get up and ride about 8 miles. It was windy, but I planned the trip so I could get as much tailwind as possible. Afterwards I’m always glad I rode. It’s just sometimes hard to get motivated. Then I went to pick up a pizza and Mary Lou and we went over to Elliot’s to celebrate his birthday. We did our usual game of Scrabble, which I lost badly. Oh, well. We’ll do another pizza party before I go and then I’ll try to get my revenge. I always end up having the big letters count against me! This morning I met Kristana for breakfast. We had a great discussion about (What else!) cycling in Rochester. It was a really productive discussion and I hope we can pass some of the ideas along to some of the other bike advocates. Immediately afterwards, I went down to R Community Bikes. We gave away about 25 bikes and rearranged the front office. Boy, did we get dirty! I will have to shower before I go out tonight to meet Joan and some of the other co-workers. I’m looking forward to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment