Monday, July 23, 2018

Joe’s Shoe Repair

So, I bought a pair of boots on sale that I could wear when it starts to get cold and when I have to start wearing my warm Russian boots. One of the eyelets was not attached properly, so I asked for an extra discount and took them anyway. Then I googled shoe repair in Rochester and found Joe’s on Lyell Ave. it’s a little out of my way, but I figured I could make a detour after I go my car inspected this morning. (It passed inspection.🚗) So, I head up past the airport, stay on Howard Road, turn right on Lyell, turn into the plaza where number 2350 Lyell is. No Joe’s Shoe Repair! Hmmmmm. A US Postal Service van pulls in next to me and I go over to ask the mail carrier, because I figure if anyone knows about it, he should. He never heard of the place. OK. So I walk into the plaza office and ask the guy. He tells me Joe died years ago! So, why does he still have a website?! But the gentleman is able to tell me that there is a shoe repair place right down the road, back in the direction from which I came. Hooray, I don’t have to go out of my way. I go in, give the shoe repair man the boot, tell him what I want, and I can pick it up Friday. Geez, and I think things in Russia are sometimes weird! The rest of the day will be study, read and train. Tomorrow I’ll take Carl to his doctor’s appointment before I go out for birthday pizza with Mary Lou and Elliot.

No comments:

Post a Comment