Saturday, December 22, 2018

On my way to Greece

Yesterday I was just about to do our science experience during circle time when several parents burst in the room and presented me with my birthday present. They wanted me to have it before I went on vacation. These parents are really the best. What a supportive group. When they left the kids were still excited, so it was great that I did the experiment with the flying teabag (proving that hot air rises). The kids loved it.
The taxi ride to Kazan airport was the ride from hell. The driver was passing right on the shoulder! It could have been straight out of Fast and Furious, without the crash and burn, thank God.
Now I’m sitting in the Moscow airport waiting for my connecting flight to Athens. It should be in the 40s and 50s there, perfect for riding. Paul gave me some tips about what to see in Athens and what feeds to try. I’m just glad to be on my way now. I’ll be posting pictures.
Sonia is already back in Spain, Jake is on his way to England, Jen is headed for Moscow and Paul will be going back to Ireland for his brother’s wedding on NewYear’s Eve. The great news is that Lorene is coming back to Kazan from France for a month’s visit in January. It will be good to see her again.

No comments:

Post a Comment