Saturday, December 15, 2018

Door repair, the story

So, Thursday morning the boss’s brother who works at school (official working title: Boss’s Brother) catches me in the hallway and asks if can get into my apartment at 11 on Friday. He says they are going to repairs on my door and can he also take my bicycle and put it in school for 4 days so the hallway will be free. OK, agreed. Friday morning I come home from school and the piece of plastic in the previous picture is hanging across the outside of my door and my bike is still there. So, I’m supposed to sleep in my bike basket in the hall? I don’t think so. Of course, every time I go in our out, the piece of plastic comes down a little farther. And the point of this was....? I texted boss’s brother to find out what was going on , but of course got no answer yet. I will see him at the end of year Staff party tonight and I wonder what sort of cockamamie story he’s going to feed me.
Thursday we mixed our dough for our gingerbread cookies and Friday we cut the cookies out with the he cookie cutters. Except for the two boys who decided to half a kick fight in the bathroom. We put one batch in the oven and the cookies ran all over the place because we hadn’t used enough flour. Guess I miscalculated when I translated cups into grams. But it was a good lesson for the kids that things don’t always go as planned and we got to eat the runny cookies for dessert after lunch. Except for the two boys who decided to bully a little girl. One of them was a repeat offender from the kick fight incident. My TAs were both shocked that none of the boys cried or complained when I told them they weren’t having any cookies. One of them said she felt so bad for their sad, little eyes. I asked her if she was out of her mind. She apparently does not understand that misbehavior has consequences. Not a good idea for someone who wants to teach little kids. During nap time I added more flour to the dough and they turned out much better.After nap time the kids decorated the cookies and everyone did pretty well with that. They each got to take four cookies home.
In the evening I went to a Beatles revival concert, which was very well done. The band played exact covers of some of the songs and then an orchestra did the same same songs in baroque style. Very nice. This morning I was out shopping. Now I’m going to start getting ready for the staff party tonight. Much of the English-peaking contingent is going together in a taxi. If the others don’t get in touch , they can figure out how to get there by themselves.
Tomorrow will be ice skating and a little birthday celebration for Claudia, whose birthday is today. Then, Monday there should be an appointment made with the mother of the spitting twins, it will be our last practice for the end of year performance and Tuesday is the performance itself. The rest of the week we’re just going to decorate a huge Gingerbread house I made out of cardboard. Then next Saturday, it’s off to Greece for vacation.

1 comment:

  1. Good story about the door repair. Shop fronts are the latest trend in the market for the designing of the shops and other business premises.

    ReplyDelete