Thursday, December 6, 2018

Karen and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day (Sorry, Judith Viorst.)

I have twins my class. They are young, spoiled, have personnel coming out the wazoo, and don’t belong in my class. They’ll show up one week (ugh) and not the next ( hooray). Neither knows how to behave, but the boy kicks, hits, screams and spits when he doesn’t get his own way. Not the other kids, but the staff. He is rotten. It took two of us to get his snowsuit on yesterday after he had removed it once after we dressed him and he screamed for an entire hour afterwards. My complaints to the kid’s nannies and the administration have no effect (because the parents are “important” people). The kid did the same thing again today. But today the psychologist came to observe his behavior. He doesn’t need a shrink, he needs a swift kick in the ass. I’m just waiting for him to break my glasses or crack my head open with a chair. He doesn’t need playthings. He needs a straight jacket. When the mother came to pick the kids up, she didn’t even bother to introduce herself, I had to go to her. I had never seen her before because the nannies always bring the kids. She spoke some English so I told her he had had a bad day. And what did she do? She tweaked his little nose. I felt like giving her a few good tweaks. This is the child from hell. I hope I can get rid of him soon.
At least the day ended well yesterday. I went back to university for a lecture about sustainably and urban planning. I gathered some new information. Today I went to the post office to mail a birthday card and pick up a package. The package was a nice surprise.
Tomorrow night, Elizabeth, Claudia, Sabine, Ravil and maybe Paul and Jake and I are going to head out to that bar down the street for those great chicken wings. Saturday I’ll be doing a road trip with Claudia and Sabine. Sabine has to fly back to Germany soon so Claudia wants to show her a few things. It will be interesting to travel in a car again! Sunday Paul, Anna and I want to see if the history exhibit is open. But this time we’ll call first!
Oh sweet Jesus, tomorrow is Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment