Thursday, November 15, 2018

The long flight back.

Wow, that was a long two days. My flight left at 10 to 5 on Sunday morning. That means I had to be at the airport latest at 4. That means I would have had to take off for the airport at 3, so I figured it made no sense to get a hotel room for that night. So Saturday evening I just took the tram to the airport and stretched out on a bench when I got tired. I was actually going to take the bus to the airport. But after walking up and down the street and asking people for directions several times, I just said screw it, and caught the tram. I big rugby match had just let out so it was difficult walking down the sidewalk and pulling my suitcase. But I made it. I went to the KLM counter at 4 a.m. and the guy couldn’t find my ticket because I had changed  my flight date. Oh crap. After doing some checking, I finally got my boarding pass. It was all three flights on one card. I’m thinking it’s convenient. Land in Amsterdam,  no problem. Land in Moscow, no problem. Try to go through security in Moscow, problem. The compute4 won’t accept my boarding pass. The lady sends me back to the counter to get a new, individual boarding pass for this last flight to Kazan only. What a pain. Fortunately, I had plenty of time. I get reading done, texting done, and just generally killed time.  I arrived in Kazan at 1:30 a.m. Monday morning. Sonia had a taxi waiting for me and I was home by two. I was in school at 8. I managed to catch up with my sleep Monday and Tuesday so I’m back in the groove again. We’re preparing for Mother Day, which is November 25 here. We’re going to host a Mother’s Day tea in class and act out the story, The Little Red Hen. Then on Saturday, I have another bicycle gig. The guy that rode around the world is doing a bike presentation in another city in Tatarstan and is taking me along to show my PowerPoint presentation of what the school’s bike program looks like. It’s a 3.5 hour drive there. It will be a long day. But it should be interesting and I will get to see another part of Tatarstan.

No comments:

Post a Comment