Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Thanksgiving pizza

It’s been a busy week. One of my aides has been pulled to help out in another class which is a total mess because they keep losing the aides there. So why does my class have to suffer because of that? It would be nice if they would found better solutions and do some long term planning instead of all the piece me crap they throw together. Speaking of crap, one kid pooped his pants today. Oh lord, spare me!
But the one nice thing today was that I celebrated an impromptu Thanksgiving with Sonia, Ravil and Fouad. Ravil and I have been watching BBC documentaries and discussing them so he can improve his English. I suggested he come to my place with his laptop tonight and I would make a pizza. Then we could watch the documentary. Sonia and Fouad joined us. The pizza turned out great and the documentary was excellent. It was about astronomical discoveries in the Islamic world that influenced Copernicus. Very interesting. We ended up just sitting around and yakking after that. Sonia was wondering if we should celebrate Thanksgiving and I said I didn’t feel like going to the trouble of making sauerbraten again on a school day.
Since we had such a good time together tonight, I said we would call it Thanksgiving. That’s what it’s all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment