Monday, November 26, 2018

So much for the Mother’s Day tea

Yesterday was Mother’s Day here. We were going to have a tea for the moms today but over half of our kids were sick, so we postponed it for two weeks. What an unusual feeling to teach a class with only 8 kids in it. We made Christmas trees by pasting different lengths of drinking straw pieces on paper and putting a star on the top. Only problem is, the drinking straws don’t stay glued for long. Plus, the fact that they are damaging to the environment.
I ran into our friend Emma from the public market yesterday. She had been sick, which was why she hadn’t been in touch. I’m looking to attend a seminar in German on Monday about teaching kids about the environment and sustainability. The boss says I can go, I just want her to tell my how she’s planning on covering my class. I can’t leave 17 kids with one aide for 11 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment