Saturday, February 2, 2019

A blah end to a blah week.

This has been a tiring week. We’ve talked about the oceans and animals in the ocean, so that’s been OK, but I’ve been really tired every night when I’ve come home. I’ve been in bed early and haven’t had much energy. To top that off, my email server has stopped sending out ANY of my emails. Paul and I have been sitting in the teachers’ room the entire week trying to figure it out. I ended up locking myself out of my email account! Jake came in and tried to help. Unfortunately, Jake is sick and I think I’m getting it now. I came home last night with the beginnings of a sore throat so started drinking hot tea with lemon and honey this morning when I was out, I got some throat lozenges. I was so proud of myself. I was waiting in line at the pharmacy and some lady tried to cut. I told her in Russian that she should wait her turn, I was first. She apologized. Don’t mess with me, especially when I don’t feel well.
After that I stopped in to get a haircut at a place that was on the way to the mall. In other words, it wasn’t my usual haircut place. The lady is just sitting there in the waiting room on her iPhone  while another lady is cutting someone’s hair and still another is giving a manicure. I at first wasn’t sure whether iPhone lady was a worker or a customer it finally she asked me what I wanted. I told her a haircut and she said it would be 20 minutes. Meanwhile, another customer walks in. You can tell she’s in a hurry and she asks how long the wait is. The Iphone lady tells her the same. I take out my book and read. Customer number 2 waits 10 minutes and walks out. Meanwhile, it’s much longer than 20 minutes and iPhone lady is still on her phone and the others are still working. Then a guy walks him and asks if he can get a haircut. The iPhone lady tells him yes, and takes him on right away and starts cutting his hair. At that point I walked out. What a crock. I was just glad I had some quiet time to get some reading done.
So I ended up going grocery shopping at the mall and coming home. I’ll go to my regular haircut place tomorrow. Tonight’s going to be German night with Claudia and a couple others. That’s going to be fun. Tomorrow, besides the haircut, Ravil, Albert and I are headed to a volleyball match. The volleyball center isn’t far from me at all, so I won’t have to run all over town to get there.
But back to my iPad and email problems. With Paul’s help, I was finally able to change the password on my email account and get back into it. The downside is that I still can’t send any emails. So those of you who correspond with me through email, I am not intentionally slighting you. It’s just that my email account is messed up. I will continue working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment