Thursday, February 7, 2019

The presentation at the end of February

OK. So now I’m getting a few more details about the presentation I got roped into for the end of Feb. It’s a conference here on the outskirts of Kazan for educators and government workers.  The boss said it will be two days of workshops and presentations. I only have to present on one day. Would I rather do a sample hands-on English lesson for about 200 people or take to an audience of  200 about why bike education in schools is so importance?  This was a no-brainer. I’ve been researching and making notes now for a week. Just starting to sort of put it together now so that I can send it on to the tech guy at school who’s going to help me put it into a PowerPoint. I know that most my stats are from the US, but they can serve as an example for other countries. I really want to make this a good one so that maybe, just maybe, the mindset here about infrastructure can start to change a little too.
Yikes. Tomorrow we leave for bicycle city Almetevsk at 5 a.m. Oh, sweet Jesus! If I had decided to stay at school , I could have slept for another 2.5 hours. Oh, well. I was the one who wanted to get to Almetevsk. I guess I can suck it up.
Now I’ll settle down and do a little Russian studying.

No comments:

Post a Comment