Sunday, February 3, 2019

Hot tea and throat lozenges

I’m holding my own with the sore throat. I have been drinking hot tea with honey and lemon for two days and the throat lozenges seem to help. Went out to dinner with Claudia and Katrin last night. Had a long, pleasant conversation ablout education because all three of us teach different age groups. It was fun to compare notes AND do it in German. I needed the practice. Claudia had the sniffles too. Today she’s really got it and I guess I was lucky. The sore throat is really not bothering me much. Hope it stays like that.
So, this morning I went early to my usual hair salon. I had a really great cutter this time, but she still didn’t want to stop. When I said enough, she kept saying just a minute, just a minute. In any case, she did a good job and it doesn’t look as if she just put a bowl over my head.
I came home, made a nice patch of spinach lasagna, did my lesson plans and then studied. Then at 4 I picked up Pail and Vladimir and we walked to the sports complex at the university to meet Ravil and Albert to watch a volleyball game. Ravil had given me the street address so we took a pretty convoluted route to get there only to find out that it was directly at the swimming bowl I went 5o last year. If he had said the name of the building, I would have known. As it was, the weathe4 was nice, so we had a nice walk around the campus. The exercise was good for us. Albert’s favorite team, which we had gone to support, lost in a very exciting 5-set match.
It turns out the women will be playing on Tuesday, so I definitely know what I will be doing on Tuesday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment