Sunday, February 17, 2019

The clinic is becoming my second home

I slept well last night, even though I had weird dreams. I didn’t really wake up till about 9 when I got a text from my colleague Jake, who lives on the 11th floor in my building, that he was sick and needed help. I went up and checked and he was in worse shape than I had been. We both tried to get the liaison to come with us to the clinic to translate but he said he couldn’t and suggested I find someone. Bullshit. We’ll manage on our own. Thanks so much for your help and concern!
So Jake ordered a taxi and off we went to the same clinic I had been to on Friday. Fortunately, there weren’t many people there. Jake has a translator app on his phone so we had no problem with reception and could go right upstairs. There were other people waiting, but it didn’t take long to be taken in.
We sat at a desk in front of a nice young doctor and I started trying out my Russian, when he said “English “. After that it was easy. It turns out, Jake has a viral AND a bacterial infection. They even gave him a 10-minute drop on the spot. The doctor prescribed about 5 different meds and told him he should get and X-ray tomorrow. And he’s not supposed to go to work for a week. School will love that.
So, we got back home at about lunch time and I ate and did a wash. Then I figured it wouldn’t be a bad idea if I went out walking in the woods and got some fresh air. So I went and got Jake’s dog and took her with me. We were only out for an hour, but it was enough. I felt well enough to study some Russian today. I got my lesson plans done. The apartment is relatively clean. So now I’m just going to curl up with a book till I fall asleep.
Oh, I also forgot to mention that both of my assistants have fallen ill and also a couple of the kids. Maybe I’ll be the only one in class tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment