Sunday, February 24, 2019

Busy weekend

I was glad when the work week was over. Even though I only had 8 kids, I was still recovering from that viral infection. So the week really dragged. But when I got home I made a batch of spinach lasagna and took it over to Paul’s. I still had one more film on my USB that Matthew had downloaded for me so Paul and I watched Grand Budapest Hotel and stuffed our faces. Then we got talking about the presentation I have to do on Thursday about bicycle education. He has a neat little computer attachment that allows me to move the slides without asking someone else to do it.
Since I wanted to go to school Saturday morning and work on my presentation there, he said he would meet me there and bring it to me. I worked on the stupid presentation for three hours!!!! I need to have Linar help me change a couple of minor things tomorrow, but on the whole I’m very satisfied with it.
While I was working, Ravil texted me. A HA, I thought to myself. Maybe he would be willing to listen to my presentation and critique it. Sure enough. So when I was finished at school I ran home and got a bite to eat, then took off for his place. I went through the presentation and it took between 10 and twelve minutes, which is perfect because I’m allotted 15 minutes and it will be simultaneously translated. So it should work out just fine. Then we had tea with Albert and I was about to leave, but there was couch surfing that evening and Ravil suggested I hang out a little while longer and go with him. I was good with that. I had turned down a City Club meeting that evening because I’m tired of the new format. But I hadn’t been to couch surfing in awhile, so I figured, why not.
We ran into Sonia and Fouad there and I had long discussions with Alex, Elena, Mahmoud and Dmitri. It turns out Dmitri is a cyclist and Mahmoud wants me to give my bike presentation to a group of Taatarstan businessmen. All good stuff. I didn’t stay too late. I was home by 10:30 pm.
This morning I did a wash before I left to meet Anna for breakfast and a visit to the Gorky-Schaliapin Museum. Gorky was a great Russian  author and Schaliapin was a great Russian opera singer. The people of Kazan are really proud of the people who have lived here and their museums show it. After about two hours there I headed back home. The first thing I did was book a hotel in Almetyevsk for Claudia and me for March 8. I can’t wait to get back. I’m even planning on taking my bike. I checked out all the things you can do there online. It’s a small city, but there are lots of activities.
Then I made a pizza and just got stuff done for the week. Lesson plans are done and Russian is studied. I’m good to go for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment