Saturday, January 26, 2019

It’s cold.

Ok, so, you’re not going to believe this. But, if you are dressed appropriately, it is not really unpleasant to go outside. I make a point of walking somewhere everyday after work to make sure I get some exercise.
We have not been allowed to take the kids outside on the playground for the last 3 days because the nurse says it’s too cold for them. So we’ve gone up to the gym and let them run around there. They’ve enjoyed that too, but they love going outside and building igloos or walking in the woods and it’s rare that anyone complains of being cold.
The week went well. We finished up talking about the planets and rocket ships. They loved the topic and had a good time painting our cardboard box rocket ship and making moon craters by throwing marbles onto shaving cream. One little guy even built a rocket ship and launch pad out of building blocks and was able to explain to me how everything works.
Next week we’ll start talking about the ocean and end the unit by throwing a beach party. They should enjoy that too. We’ll make jellyfish and sand crabs.
Last night I walked to the post office after work and then just came home and chilled. (Rested, should be understood here. Not getting cold.) There had been a city club meeting, which I had forgotten about. But it’s getting uninteresting now anyway, since the founder has changed the format.
Today I just did the mundane things; washed clothes, went shopping, worked on my 1000 piece puzzle(It’s a hard one! Thanks a lot, Sonia!) and when I finish this up,I will study some before I make a pizza to take over to Paul’s. We’re going to check out a British film I downloaded on my USB.
Tomorrow will be lesson plans, more puzzle, more study, then the 3 o’clock showing of Hamlet at a theater downtown.
Oh, and the boss lady has signed me up to give a lecture to a group of educators at the end of February. Oh, joy! When I found out, I chose as my topic “Learning Through Play”. When she finally talked to me about it a week after someone else told me it was going to happen , she said she wanted me to talk about bicycle education. Ok, I can do that too. I love how the flow of information here just seems to be perpetually dammed up.

No comments:

Post a Comment