Thursday, January 17, 2019

Weirdness at school

While the kids were napping today I stepped out for a few minutes. When I came back my TA handed me a piece of paper which the Boss’s assistant had left for me. Among other things, I should include a piecture and tell what the subject of my speech will be. I asked my TA what this was all about and she had no idea. I told her to text the lady and find out. Meanwhile, Matthew had dropped by with some books and I asked him if he knew anything about it. He suspected that it might be for a conference at the end of February. That’s nice. I always love the flow of information where I never find out anything in advance but they just sign me up for something. I told Matthew I wasn’t filling out anything until I find out what’s going on.
So, to continue. At 4 the TA takes the five older kids to the speech therapist. They are just leaving the room and the vice-principal comes in and asks if “they” can visit me now. Who’s “they”, I want to know. It’s a delegation from the university and they will be here in about 3 minutes. I no sooner turn around, go into the room and sit on the floor to read a book to the kids, when the director comes traipsing through with about 10 people. I stayed on the floor and after saying hello, read to the kids. They stayed about 5 minutes and left again. I mean,   nothing like getting information a little ahead of time. It’s no big deal, in I would have done nothing differently in the classroom. It’s just annoying that no information ever goes out about this stuff. It’s so typical of this school and I suspect it might be a trait of Russian schools in general, but I have no comparisons.
We wanted to take the kids for a walk in woods again today for outside time. We got as far as the edge of the woods where the snowplows had dumped a pile of snow 12 feet high. We spent an entire hour just climbing up the side of the pile and sliding down. That was the fun part of the day. The hard part is when this little midgets get stuck in drifts up to their armpits and I have to wade in and pull them out. I feel like Nunook of the North when I’m out there with them.
Meanwhile, it’s time for me to go home and my TA tells me the boss’s assistant wants to pick up that piece of paper by the end of the day. Tough nuggets, I tell her. I’m not filling out anything until I know what it’s all about.
Made a homemade pizza again for supper.  Oh, do I love that new oven. The. Sonja and I walked to the store. My glue gun gave up the ghost today while I was trying to build some rocket ships so I had to get a new one. It was good to get out and get the exercise, but so tedious trying to get through the snow on the sidewalks.

No comments:

Post a Comment