Sunday, October 1, 2017

The ride in the park

I slept pretty late today because I was at my British colleague Emma's birthday party last night. It was lots of fun. There were people there from about 10 different countries and about 5 different languages were being spoken. There was some really great discussion, including why Russians were scared of Hillary Clinton. It was all very enlightening. Most of the people are members of an ex-pat group that meets once a month. I'm definitely going to the next meeting.

Today after I started rolling, I finally took the bike one of the trails in the Ecopark behind the school. Nice trails in a lovely area similar to Mendon Ponds but without the ponds. The trails were full of people and I wiped out on a slippery hill trying to avoid some joggers. No damage done. Just muddy clothing.

I came home and changed, then rode the shortcut to the metro station where the MacDonald's and a large grocery store are located. I tried a MacDonald's hamburger today. It was bigger and better than the ones in the States. It definitely had more flavor.

Then I walked around the corner to that great little bakery that does the flat bread and bought a loaf. I was second in line and it stretched out in back of me. There were 3 guys in there just churning these out, one after the other. And they didn't open the window for the customers until 2:30.
It just tastes so good.

Then I hopped into the big grocery store and just looked around at what there was a bought a few things. For stuff that i run out of I quickly run to the little corner store. But this is a nice big place to shop when I have time. I even bought some frozen fish sticks. I'll try them this week for supper.

I got home about 4 and putzed around and worked on my puzzle until "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me"came on and listened to that.
.otherwise I just got my lesson plans done for the week and just spent the evening relaxing.

And i

1 comment:

  1. I had to Google what an expat is. 🤔 Now I know.

    ReplyDelete