Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Russia-Iran friendly

Hello sports fans! I got a ticket to the Russia-Iran soccer match tonight. I snuck out of work about 30 min early because my colleagues said it would take so long to get there with the team and then it would be about 40 minutes to get through security. So I rode home, grabbed a sandwich, dressed VERY warmly and headed to the tram stop. I timed it tonight and it's about 15 min from my door. The tram took about 35 minutes to get there and stops directly in from of the doors to section C. How convenient. But , of course, my ticket was for a seat in section A, so I had to hike al the way around the back of the stadium. I was there at 5:30 for the 7:00 game and had no line for security. The ran my backpack through the X-ray machine and made me take the phones out of my pockets and got patted down. But they let me in.

I had what I thought would be a great seat way down in front. Unfortunately, the bench where the Iranian players sat blocked my view of half the field. Fortunately, however, all the action was down at my end during the first half. For the second half, I found an empty seat up higher and had a better view.

It wasn't a great match. Russia missed so many changes. Then Iran sneaks one in at about the 70th minute. Then Russia has one nice counter and ties the score. I left the stadium about 5 minutes before the game ended so I wouldn't have to fight to get into the tram. Right. Me and about 5,000 others from the 33,000 people attending the match.

Just missed the first tram. By the time the 2nd one arrived, there had to be 150 people waiting on the platform. Everybody just started pushing on and I went with the flow and got scrunched in. I feel so sorry for the conductors (usually ladies) who have to make their way through all those people and collect the money. You need a cattle prod to get through that crowd!

That's definitely something I will do again.

Tomorrow I'm going to show the kids the patterns of apple seeds, then we'll count the seeds and paint with the apples. Should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment