Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Hump day is over.

Hi, Everyone.

I new kid came into class today and disrupted everything before the grandmother decided she would withdraw the kid from the school because I wouldn't let the grandmother stay in class with her. Oh, well. All the grandmother did was sit there and give the kid directions in Russian while I'm speaking to her in English. Yup, that's a really great way to learn a new language.

Other than that, I had one shy little boy count to ten for me and I've even got one three-year-old who not only recognizes all the numbers, but can say them in English. These kids will have a good foundation in the English language by the time the school year is over. I hope the school provides enough support for them as they advance on into other classes.

Tomorrow I'm going to spray the table with shaving cream and let the kids mess around with that. I've also found a recipe for making play dough out of hair conditioner and corn starch. It definitely has to be better than the slime I tried to make.

Two things I forgot t tell you yesterday. As I'm leaving the apartment building to catch the tram for the game, doesn't a lady come in with two kids on bikes, and the older kid has exactly the same bike I do! I really had to stop and remember that I had chained my bike to the radiator in the hallway, because it was the EXACT  same bike. What are the odds in the same apartment building.

The other thing I forgot to mention is that the stadium vendors sell hot dogs! They are not Zweigles, but mine wasn't bad at all. A hot dog and a bag of chips for $2.60. Try to find that at a stadium in the States. And the ticket to the game only cost $17. Damn, most stadiums in the States would charge you that much just to park your car.


No comments:

Post a Comment