Thursday, October 5, 2017

City Club, part 2.

So, the name of the ex-pat group is called City Club. I had a heck of a time getting there because I couldn't make my stupid Uber app on my Russian phone function properly. I ended up pushing all the wrong buttons at the wrong time. When the taxi never showed up, I just said screw it and walked to the Metro station and took the subway. Between 15 and 20 people should up at the Lenin Bar. And people were actually smoking these hookahs. There is cold water down below and then up above is tobacco (in this one it was rum-flavored) and it's  burnt from above. I didn't exactly get that part.  I'll have to ask again the next time I go.

Countries represented were Turkey, Bosnia, France, Italy, Great Britain, South Africa, USA, Azerbaidjan and about  5 different cities in Russia. The common language is English. There are such interesting discussions at these international gatherings. You can really learn so much about the world.

One of the women I met there also likes to explore, so we have decided to use the weekend to see what we can see. My colleagues gave me some good tips today about what to see and also about what to eat. So it looks like I will be heading into another interesting weekend.

The kids are getting better and better. Today we colored a family picture. They had to color the daddy red, mommy blue, brother green and sister brown. Everyone understood the assignment except for the two youngest. They are making progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment