Monday, October 30, 2017

The Nutella burrito, part 2.

When Sonia and I walked home from the tram stop yesterday, we were amazed to see a Mexican restaurant right at the end of our street. So decided to try it for lunch today. We both had to go to school first. I printed out a subway map of Moscow so I don’t get lost on Wednesday, and also some info about the hotel.  I also tried to get tickets for a concert for and American group called Take 6 at the opera house on the 10th of Nov. Man, even the standing room only places were sold out. Apparently, every concert at the opera house is sold out quickly, so I’m going to have to jump on tickets immediately when I see something I want to hear.

In any case, I finished up at school and met Sonia for a 1p.m. lunch At amigo Miguel. We had to go down a steep set of stairs to a cellar where there were, at the most, 5 tables. We were the only ones in the restaurant. The waitress spoke a few words of English and Sonia and I could both read enough of the menu to order some really terrific burritos. We could choose between mild and “burn the roof of your mouth” hot. I took medium and it was perfect. They were really great. For dessert we shared a burrito with Nutella, bananas, pineapple and walnuts. It was served warm with vanilla ice cream. Oh Lordy, was that good.

We left and walked past the post office to the subway station. I headed downtown and Sonia did some shopping. I was headed to an art gallery but realized I had already seen that exhibit so I just hung around until I had to tutor my friend at MacDonald’s. Then she drove me home.

Tomorrow I can pick up my permanent debit card at my new bank, so I will also transfer some more money from the rotten bank account. Then i scheduled a tour in English of the technical library at 1. My friend highly recommended it.

Another neat thing, Sonia’s goingto put me on her Netflix account. I’ll be able to catch up with some movies then.

No comments:

Post a Comment