Saturday, March 23, 2019

The blah week

Compared to last week, this week was a dud. The snow melts and the streets get really slippery when it refreezes and starts to snow again. A guy ahead of my on the sidewalk took a really hard spill when he hit a patch of ice. I’ve really been tiptoeing around and walking VERY carefully.
The kids were all in a good mood this week, which means they were very active. I came home exhausted everyday. We talked about recycling this week because  they are finally going to introduce it big time here in Kazan.  Up until now, I’ve only seen plastic collection containers next to the normal garbage containers, although a friend told me there are paper recycling spots in the city, but you have to find them and drive to them. Some of the kids have been sorting with our little garbage can kit all week and really getting into it. We watched The Lorax and they are all very aware that, If water is dirty, fish will die.
This next week is spring vacation for the school and since my vacation schedule follows the school and not the kindergarten, I’m flying to Germany for a week. But one of the girls is headed to the Maldives with her family and a little boy and his family are headed for Portugal. It will be great to have a break. Sonia headed home to Spain last night already.
Monday night I had coffee with Dmitry, Tuesday night at stayed home, Wednesday night I went to table tennis and played a little bit. We were 5 players on two tables, so I got a chance to sit down a lot. No damage to my foot. Thursday was the opening of the German film festival here. Anna and I went to the reception before the film and then watched “Toni Erdmann”. It was a wonderful film and if you can find it somewhere on Netflix in English or with subtitles, it is worth it.
Friday night I came home from work and just zoned out. I was in Bed at 9. Today I packed my suitcase for Germany and then started packing some bags to send back to the States. It’s starting to get a little depressing. I’ve had a great time here and now it’s almost over. And I’ve collected so many things. Where is Marie Kondo when you need her? And things are generally not very upbeat at the moment, so I’ll finish up one more suitcase then I’ll clean up the apartment a little and then meet Anna for dinner, after which we will see another film at the German film festival.
Boy, do I need a vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment