Tuesday, March 5, 2019

It’s gonna be a short week!

Friday is International Woman’s Day so we have the day off. Hip hip hooray! Tomorrow is our little “performance” for the the moms to celebrate. We’re going to sing and do a little play in the room. Then we’ll eat the cookies that we baked today.
Yesterday I met Dmitry downtown for a cup of coffee. He’s a new friend from couch surfing and is also a cyclist. He had lots of great tips on the best and cheapest sports shops in town. Today I went to the clinic to get blood drawn to check my thyroid meds, but they sent me home because I forgot I couldn’t eat anything. Rats. I’ll try again tomorrow.
Today after work I walked over to the post office and the bank. After I left the post office, I went into MacDonald’s to use the bathroom and ran into Matthew and Valeria eating dinner. They were also headed for the bank so I sinned and had a hamburger and French fries. Please note that I had eaten a salad and fruit before I left the house!
They were going to stop in sort of a Walmart-type clothing store on the way so I went with them to check it out. I was looking for a pair of sweat pants that I could wear for table tennis. What I like didn’t fit and what fit I didn’t like. Oh, well.
Then we stopped at the bank and afterwards they went grocery shopping and I headed straight home.
The exciting news is that the local bike club asked if I could get my presentation translated into Russian because they want to show it around. Seems like we’re making some headway in trying to influence the powers that be to make some changes in infrastructure.
So now it’s time to quit writing and go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment