Wednesday, March 21, 2018

The toilet is fixed and it was the no. 5 trolley, not the bus!

No wonder I couldn’t get to the bookstore on the number 5 bus. It didn’t go there! It’s the trolley, the thing that runs with electric wires, but not on a track. It was not clear to me when I checked on google maps, but now I see how to tell them apart. Yeah. I learned something new. The trolleys are colored blue on google maps. In any case, I took the 30 bus to the book store and asked the conductor if it was the right one, so I was fine. I want to give the kids a presne5 for the end of the year, so I decided to give the. Each a copy of Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss. They LOVE that book. So, of course, if I want 10 books, they will have to be ordered. Let’s see if it works and what it will cost me. If I can‘t get the, here, I’ll bring the, back from the States in September. Oh, and good news! Not only did they fix my toilet, they measured for my oven. I walked over to the apartment with the guy from school yesterday. This guy has to do everything from translations to airport pick-ups so he was the one I turned to when the toilet leaked. He checked it out and saw that the insulation rings were all rotten. So he had to call the handyman from school. They both worked on the thing for a couple of hours. Glad I didn’t havv3 to pay the plumbing bill. Parents and nannies have been whacko this week. One nanny told us that he4 little darling hadn’t eaten all weekend and I,plied that it was our fault because we don’t spoon feed he4 everyday. Screw her. When the kid’s hungry in our classroom she eats with her spoon all by herself. I think the nanny is fearful of losing control over the kid. Both kid and nanny are manipulating each other. Leave me out of it! Then We had the mom who yelled at my TA because she didn’t like the way we tied the kid’s scarf when we went outside. This is the mother of the biter who watches him bite other kids and the. Says, “Aw, sweetheart”. Give me a break, lady. This was all yesterday. Edward, Sonia and I quickly went shopping tonight. I was looking for pipe cleaners for projects and a few groceries. We went to the big store, and of course I didn’t find anything. Rats. Now I’m not going to bother until I get back from vacation. I still have to pack and get ready. More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment