Sunday, March 4, 2018

It’s snowing again

Today and went out to lunch downtown and got most of my communications done. Then I met Thomas at 1 and we went together to the language club. It’s actually a “Time cafe” which has a separate room where the English speakers meet. And today I learned what a “time cafe” is. You don’t pay for the cookies and coffee you consume, you pay for how long you stay. It’s an interesting concept. You’re not allowed to drink alcohol, smoke or use profanity there. They have a really neat room on the fourth floor of a building which theyv3 decorated with wood paneling. There’s a loft, there’s a swing hanging from a beam, they have a piano and three or four side rooms where you can meet quietly. The main room was occupied by Russian speakers while we were there and 6 of us went into the “English” room. What was neat was that Ravil and Adil were also there. They are always fun to talk to. Thomas and I stayed for about two hours before we broke off to go to the history exhibit again. It is just so extensive, you have to keep going back to comprehend it all. As I look out the window of the cafe I notice that it has started to snow. By the time Thomas and I left the exhibit a little after 6, it was blowing and snowing a lot. it’s a full-blown storm now and it is really blowing. It will be wonderfuL walking to work tomorrow. I was just thinking that spring was near and the snow would be starting to melt. Fat chance. Tomorrow I attack the bank again. I’ve asked the guy from school to go with me for moral support. And to argue in Russian. If necessary. I hope it will finally work this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment