Monday, March 19, 2018

Fun24 - a fun place to celebrate a birthday.

Yesterday was Fouad’s birthday. He wanted to celebrate at Fun24. I will tell you about that in a minute, but first let me tell you about yesterday morning. Work on my Moscow puzzle , mopped the floors and still had time before I had to be at Fun24. So I figured I would take the bus to the English-language book store and get some things. I check google maps and see that I can take bus 5 or bus 90 from my stop. I walk the 15 minutes and just as I get there the 5 pulls up and I hop in. But it doesn’t take the route I saw on google maps. I stay on for awhile thinking it might be a little different on sundays. Finally it’s getting to weird so I ask th3 conductor. Nope, sh3 says, this bus goes to the train station. I hope off at the next stop and catch the next bus back, got off at the closet stop to home and said, screw it, I’ll do this another day. I had about an hour before I had to leave for Fun24 but I wasn’t going to mess with a bus again so I called a taxi. It took about 30 minutes to get there through parts of town I’ve never seen before. Got there right a 4, and the others got there shortly afterwards. This place makes Adventure Landing look like a pre-school playground. It’s a 3-story warehouse filled with every activity you can imagine. We started with table tennis (right next to the billiard tables) then went to air hockey, fussball, darts, the mechanical bull, the roller coaster simulator and ended with bowling. And all for the price of about $12 entry fee. And we didn’t do a fourth of what they had in the four hours we were there. There were bumper cars, laser tag, a tree top parcour and, and, and. They lowere They lower the price after 10 p.m. to about $3 and the place fills up with students until the early hours of the morning. Lorene, Ravil and I took a taxi back to her place while Sonja and Fouad took another taxi to pick up his friend Mustafs, who is studying medicine here in Kazan. We all got to Lorene’s place and Ravil cooked us all a great pilaf. Sonia had baked another chocolate cake and we bought Fouad a backgammon game. He was super happy about that. It was great to have Mustafa join us because he fits in very well. I left a little before 11 because I had to get up early for work. Boy, I’m almost sorry I won’t to work today. The new American teacher and his TA ended up having a fight in front of the class on Friday so today I had to send my TA to Edward’s room and his TA came to mine until everything was sorted out. God, grow up, people, and be professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment