Friday, December 22, 2017

Yikes! Two more days of this.

So, keep in mind that the 25th is not a holiday here. Now, recall that my teaching assistant took today, the 25th and the 26th off. I agreed to cover for here and start my vacation 2 days later as long as I could extend it for two days. And I also am going to take an extra two days off at the end of January when I go with the ex-pats to nizhny novogorod for the weekend.

So, now picture that I am with 10 kids who speak minimal English and just have the housekeeper to help with mealtimes. And picture also, that the youngest one is going through a biting faze. I had to remove him from the room three times. He has become super aggressive.

Now imagine that I have to get all of these kids to take a nap. Of course, the boss’s kid decides to act up. After he got out of bed and peed on the floor he finally went to sleep. But another little guy wasn’t having any of it. He refused to sleep and tried to wake the other kids up. I finally brought him out into the room with me and made him lie down in the book corner will I prepared projects and refused to talk to him.

Then, while the other kids are getting up and the housekeeper and I are getting them all dressed, he sneaks into the kitchen and eats two sweet rolls. I was not happy with this kid today. The best thing about the day was that the international team surprised me with an early birthday tea while the kids were all down for their naps. Sonia and Emma are leaving on vacation tomorrow so they snuck in the party early.

The last kid didn’t leave until 7. And who was it? The boss’s kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment