Tuesday, December 26, 2017

More about Christmas and birthday

So, Christmas Day the last kid didn’t get picked until almost 7. I’m glad Matthew and Valeriya also live right around the corner from school so I was there in 5 minutes. Matthew is the international department head and his wife Valeriya is Russian and also works at the school. The two bosses were there and the chinese teacher and her husband,, who is a vascular surgeon. There was goose, Turkey, veggies, Russian string cheese, other cheeses and, of course, way too much for everyone to eat. It was all delicious and conversation ranges from what the program will look like next year to hover boards. Turns out, the male boss fell off of one a while back and had shoulder pain for 1.5 years.

Today one of the moms came in with the great Russian boots made out of felt, that all the parents bought me. I wore the, when I took the kids outside and they are amazingly warm. I do not understand how they do not get wet. They kids were a little hyper today with all the excitement of the present,.there were bites, hits and scratches. But at least they all went to sleep reasonable well. Then one of the staff came and said she needed my help. She asked my housekeeper to stay with kids and she took me down to the party room where they had planned a surpris3 party for me.

I think they were also worried about me freezing in Kazan because they gave me the nice socks, mittens and shawl. Plus, I got two bouquets of flowers. We had a nice little sit-down dinner and just relaxed for about an hour. Again, the conversation went toward how teaching children English can be accomplished. The people in school are so incredibly kind. (Even if you have to remind some of them 20 times to do something.)

When I went back to the room, the kids were still sleeping. I had ovwakecthe. Up because they had music class. Then we ate supper and afterwards played until they got picked up. Today the last one got picked up a 6. But wouldn’t you know it, right before one little girl left, she crapped her pants. And of course the housekeeper was already gone. Just what I wanted to do before I leave for Spain, change a  shitty diaper. But I couldn’t send the kid home like that.

The last mom gave me a ride because I had so much to carry. I was glad she did. But even to drive 2 minutes, she used her GPS to find it. I reallly could have explained it to her. Anyway, I got home, cleaned up, finished packing and am ready to go.

I was going to do a 3-hour bike tour of Madrid on Thursday, but since I was they only one who signed up for it, it got canceled. Crap. Oh well, public transportation will do just fine.

Tomorrow will be a long traveling day because I have a 6-hour layover in Moscow. That’s what happens when you book cheap flights. That’s ok. I. Looking forward to 55 degree  temps instead of 15 degrees. I’ll keep you up-to-date on the trip and take lots of pictures.



No comments:

Post a Comment