Saturday, December 23, 2017

A relaxing day

I figured I would get in another swim before I leave for Spain so I walked to the pool at noon. To get there, I have to go past a construction site. So, what they do is put up a plastic band across the sidewalk so pedestrians can’t go through, but they offer no alternative routes, so you have to find your own way around. A couple of weeks ago we all ended up walking into the road. Today we walked between the guy who was welding and the guy shoveling sand in the loader. We also had to walk over the water hose. I’m sure there aren’t a lot of frivolous lawsuits here so the construction company’s not worried about being sued if something happens.

Later I went out to the bank and noticed that people are selling Christmas trees. They are used a lot as decoration here. And when I walked home over the open market, the vendors were packing their stuff up on long sleds to take it home. It’s probably the most efficient way to do it because there are still inches of ice covering everything.

I’m going to start packing tonight. I’m even going to pack sunscreen!

No comments:

Post a Comment