Friday, December 8, 2017

Kazan Dance Ensemble and the Kremlin by night, part 2.

So, Michelle W, Sandra, Peej and T, will understand what I mean. Think Brockport Sankofa performance. Now think Tatar language, 20-year-old professional dance company which performs around the world, 3-hour performance and Tatar Minister of Culture sitting right behind us.

This dance performance was spectacular. The dancers showed amazing athleticism, the sets were imaginative, and the costumes were beautiful. A lot of the dances told a story, of course. But they also did a flamenco and and Irish line dance. The choreography was absolutely amazing.  I’m so glad I got to go to this.

We had planned to take the subway home, but a Tatar colleague offered to give the three of us a ride and ended up taking us sightseeing through the snowy city after the performance. We got out at the Kremlin and walked around for a long time. There weren’t more than 5 people there. We had it all to ourselves and it looked lovely in the snow. The pictures are of the Orthodox Church and the Kul Sharif Mosque, which dominate the Kremlin landscape.

The city is lit nicely and is not overdone and gaudy. I had wanted to take a picture of the decorations at the Stockmann store but by the time we got out of the performance, the lights had already been switched off. The tour was such a great way to end a great evening.

Today my TA had to leave early so I said I would stay until the kids got picked up. The last parents game at about 6:45 and I wasn’t home until 7:15. I’m going to bed right after this.

Tomorrow I’ve got to get stuff mailed and doing some cleaning up before Anna and I hit a museum. Then on Sunday it’s Amigo Miguel and a basketball game with Sonia, Found and Rabil.

No comments:

Post a Comment