Thursday, September 21, 2017

This is getting frustrating!

So, I have two kids who are scared to come into the room because they don't understand English. So, why are the parents trying to put them in an English-speaking preschool class and  then upset that we are speaking English? the parents have been sitting in the hallway with the kids for 4 days, trying to convince them to come in the room.The mommies don't want them to cry when they leave. So the kids run in and out and interrupt everything we are doing. Plus, they hit and kick.

Everything is communicated by What's App here. These parents contacted me and wanted to know if they could send the nannies to class with the kids. The parents suggested I tell the kids that the nannies work for the school. Hmmmmm, I don't think so. I texted back and said I would not lie to the children and I would not let the nannies in my class. I can't wait to see what happens tomorrow.

The two kids who come to class regularly are already repeating English phrases and words. One little girl understands my questions but answers in Russian. The system obviously works if the parents will let it. Glad tomorrow's Friday.

Saturday, besides getting a haircut, I also want to get to the tourist office to see about some day trips to different monasteries and things. I notice there is also some signage for a bike tour around town. I'll have to ask about that. The housekeeper for our group says her husband likes to ride and the city sponsors a ride in August every year where riders leave at 7 at night, ride way out to some monastery and then get back at 1 a.m. That sounds really cool. She said people even rent bikes to go on it.

OK, signing off now to prepare myself mentally for the battle with the parents. And, oh yes,
I did get a Russian phone, so I can at least get a taxi and call a doctor if necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment