Monday, September 18, 2017

I met the kids!

So, instead of the expected 4 children, 7 showed up for class today. They are really a sweet bunch. You can tell they've been going to a kindergarten class for a long time because they all the the routine already when it came to snack and meal times.

There were some tears and some mothers wanted to stay in the room to "make sure the children would behave". I didn't let that one fly. After parents left, some of the kids may have cried for 10 minutes and then everything was fine.

Most of the kids could figure out what I wanted through my gestures and I just keep repeating things in English. We did "What's my name?, colors, number, Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes and other such things. We have a smart board in the room so we can play the songs on there while we sing.

I think the experiment will work out just fine . Some kids already said a few words in English today.

I ate dinner with the kids at 4 and then went upstairs to our international office to work for awhile. I went quickly to the store after work and then got home about 6:30. Poor Aliyah has to stay there until the last kid gets picked up.

I'm going to hang up my wash and then read for a few minutes before I enjoy a good night's rest.

2 comments:

  1. Great. Your first day went well. It's kind of like working in the even start program. The kids pick up so fast.

    ReplyDelete